Summer Roasted Corn, Squash and Pinto Bean Salad
There is like fresh roasted Summer vegetables. Roasting them intensifies the flavors, and gives them a nice crispy texture on the outside but they are tender in the middle. They are so simple but so good! The recipe I am sharing with you today is one of my favorites! It combines them with pinto beans for a protein source so this can be a full meal, or it makes a wonderful healthy taco filling! This is a hearty meal that you can feel good about eating!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Toss the sweet corn and tomatoes with just enough olive oil to coat, and spread out on an oiled baking sheet.
- Toss the squash with just enough olive oil to coat, and spread out on an oiled baking sheet.
- Place the two pans of veggies in the oven and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and scoop into a bowl.
- Add the pinto beans, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, and sea salt to taste and mix until blended. Serve warm.
Rate this Recipe
- Allergen Friendly
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish