Sweet Potato Cinnamon Granola
Did you know you can make delicious oil free granola that is nice and crispy at home? Well, you can! This sweet potato granola is delicious with just the right amount of sweetness and a hint of cinnamon plus the crunch of pumpkin seeds and pecans! It is packed with fiber and protein, the perfect autumn snack!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and set rack at the medium position
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, and coconut, and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together sweet potato, maple syrup, nut butter, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla extract until well combined, then pour over oat mixture and toss to coat until completely blended.
- Pour out onto prepared baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes or so until the granola is evenly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy