Thai Red Curry Tofu and Kale
It is easy to get your greens in when you wilt them down a little in a delicious warming comfort food dish! I often stir greens into my finished soups or curries and they not only add color but lots of nutrients as well! The recipe I am sharing with you today features tofu as the star protein, and it is bathed in a red curry coconut sauce and married with nutritious kale! This is easy to make, and so good! Not only that, it is healthier and more wallet friendly than ordering takeout!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees, and oil a sheet pan.
- Toss the tofu with 1/4 cup sesame oil and the tamari in a bowl, then spread out the tofu on the sheet pan.
- Place the tofu in the oven, and bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown and a little crispy at the edges. Then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat about 1 Tbsp sesame oil, and add the onions. Sautee for about 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and Thai red curry paste and cook for a minute more.
- Add the coconut milk, and sea salt, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a few minutes, then add the bell peppers, greens, and cooked tofu. Cook just until the greens have wilted, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with cooked jasmine rice if desired.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy