Tofu Saag Paneer
If you love Indian takeout and are looking for a way to get your greens in this Tofu Saag Paneer is perfect for you! It is a dish normally made with a type of firm cheese, but here it is replaced with tofu for a delicious vegan meal! This is easy to make, so flavorful and so good! It is delicious served over brown basmati rice!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan, and heat on medium. Add the tofu, and allow to cook for a few minutes on each side to brown it slightly. When all of the sides have browned, remove it from the pan.
- Add the onions, and sautee for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the spices, chilies, and garlic and sautee until fragrant, about a minute.
- Blend the cashew butter, spinach, briefly in the blender until just mixed, then add to the pan, along with the sea salt.
- Cook for a few minutes until heated through, then serve with a side of cooked brown basmati rice.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy