Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
When the weather starts to get cooler, I love roasting vegetables to enjoy them warm instead of just cold in a salad. This Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas is easy to make, healthy and so good! It is packed with fiber, nutrients, and contains anti inflammatory benefits thanks to the turmeric! This makes a nice side dish alongside something with protein, or it could even be a lighter main dish if you wanted to make it two servings, since the chickpeas have protein.
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Whisk together the oil, spices, and salt in a bowl, and toss the cauliflower and chickpeas with it.
- Spread the cauliflower and chickpeas out on a sheet pan, along with the lemon halves.
- Place in the oven and roast until the cauliflower is tender and starting to brown a little, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Place the cauliflower and chickpeas on a serving plate, squeeze the lemon over them, and sprinkle the almonds and arugula over the top. Serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish