Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower and Garbanzo Beans
Cauliflower is such a versatile food! You can use it in raw salads, eat it with a dip like hummus, rice it as a grain free option to replace rice, steam it and use it as a substitute for mashed potatoes. But my favorite way to prepare it is to roast it in the oven! It gets all delicious and crispy. The recipe I am sharing with you today combines it with garbanzo beans and toasted almonds for protein, plus greens for extra nutrients so it is a satisfying healthy meal. It happens to be gluten free as well! Also, I spice it up with anti-inflammatory spices for an added bonus and it is so delicious! If you are looking for a healthy light dinner, give this a try!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Whisk together the oil, spices, and salt in a bowl, and toss the cauliflower and chickpeas with it.
- Spread the cauliflower and chickpeas out on a sheet pan, along with the lemon halves.
- Place in the oven and roast until the cauliflower is tender and starting to brown a little, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Place the cauliflower and chickpeas on a serving plate, squeeze the lemon over them, and sprinkle the almonds and arugula over the top. Serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy
- Side Dish