Vegan Apple Muffins
These muffins are the perfect weekend baking project! They are easy to make, healthier than traditional muffins, and really delicious, especially warm from the oven! If you would like to make them gluten free, just use Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour in place of the whole wheat pastry flour!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees, and line 16 muffin tins with liners.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, apple, almond butter and flax mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, spices, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into the muffin tins.
- Mix the streusel ingredients together with your fingers until they start to clump together. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before enjoying.
Rate this Recipe