Vegan Arugula Quiche
This Vegan Arugula Quiche would make the perfect plant based centerpiece for your Easter brunch! It is gluten free thanks to a hashbrown crust, and it is packed with healthy greens and protein rich Just Egg so you can feel good about enjoying it!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees, and oil a 9 inch pie plate.
- Spread the hashbrowns in the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides, and spray with the olive oil spray. Place in the oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sautee the onions, and garlic with 1 tsp olive oil until they are softened, about 5 minutes, then add the arugula and cook until it has completely wilted. Let sit until the crust has cooked 20 minutes.
- If you need to reshape the crust a little, now is the time to do it now that it has softened before you pour in the filling.
- Mix the just egg, mozzarella, salt, pepper, and onion powder into the arugula mixture and pour into the crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake about 30 minutes until the crust is lightly brown and the center has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Rate this Recipe
- Heart Healthy