Vegan Burrito Bowls
One of my all time favorite things to make for dinner is burrito bowls! They have all of the deliciousness of a burrito with no rolling required! Also, they are a healthy option that is satisfying and packed full of flavor. I like to make a double batch of this recipe and prep all of the ingredients so I can have easy meals for the next few days!
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- In a medium pot, place the rice, water and a 1/4 tsp sea salt and bring to a low boil. Lower to a simmer, on low heat and cover and cook for about 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender and has absorbed the water. Remove from heat.
- Place the rice in the bottom of two bowls.
- Season the beans with a little salt, and put them in the bowls on top of the rice.
- Put the lettuce, corn, and tomatoes on the rice as well.
- Drop a little of the salsa over the top of the bowls as well, and scatter the avocado and jalapeno over them. Squeeze the lime juice over the bowls, and top with hot sauce if desired.
Rate this Recipe