Vegan Carrot Cake Scones
Carrot cake and scones combine for a delicious brunch treat! These scones are vegan, but you would never guess by tasting them because they taste just as good as regular scones! These would be the perfect addition to your Easter brunch!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees, and line a sheet pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Add the coconut oil, and scrunch together with hands until the coconut oil is clumping the dough together and still has slightly larger than pea sized pieces left in it.
- Add the carrots, walnuts, and sun dried cranberries, and mix together and scrunch with your hands into the dough until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Add the coconut milk and mix in with your hands until the dough holds together but still has clumps (you don’t want a completely smooth dough, you want to keep pockets of coconut oil to create a tender dough). If it seems too dry add a touch more coconut milk until it is the proper consistency.
- Place on a cutting board, and shape into a circle. Cut into 8 wedges (pizza style), and place the scones on the parchment lined tray.
- Brush them with a little more coconut milk and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then turn them and bake 15 minutes more until they are starting to brown a little and done throughout.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Rate this Recipe