Vegan Carrot Muffins
These delicious muffins are easy to make and are so delicious! They are perfect for spring brunch and they also happen to be gluten free and vegan! If you would like to make a non gluten free version feel free to swap the gluten free flour for whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour.
Author: Amy Lyons O’Neil
Amy has worked for Fresh and Natural Foods since 2006 contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan food and recipe blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She has also written 3 cookbooks. She specializes in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local, fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees, and line 10 muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt and spices and whisk to blend.
- Add the flax eggs, avocado oil, milk, and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer for about a minute (or 3 minutes if doing it by hand with a whisk).
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins, dividing evenly between them.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes until the muffins are done in the center (you are able to insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs).
- Remove from the oven and let cool at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
Rate this Recipe