Vegan Chocolate Heart Cookies
For Valentine’s Day it is always nice to give your loved ones home made treats. Like these chocolate heart cookies! They happen to be vegan, but you would never guess by tasting them. Also, they are easy to make, and they contain healthier ingredients than traditional cookies. Give them a try for Valentine’s Day this year!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees, and line three baking sheets with parchment.
- To make the dough, mix all ingredients together in a bowl until combined and smooth (it may be slightly crumbly, and that is ok, just squeeze it back together), then place on a piece of parchment paper and roll out 1/4 inch thick. Cut into heart shapes with a medium sized cookie cutter and place them onto two of the prepared pans. Re-roll any scraps squeezing them back together and rolling them out, and cutting into more shapes until all of the dough is used.
- Place the pans in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until set and just barely beginning to brown at the edges.
- Remove the pans from the oven and let cool completely on wire racks.
- When the cookies have cooled completely, to make the chocolate lacing, melt the vegan dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler, and then place in a ziplock bag with the corner cut off or a small pastry bag and drizzle over the football cookies.
- Put the cookies in the freezer on their tray until the icing or chocolate has hardened, then enjoy!
Rate this Recipe