Vegan Garlic “Cheese” Fries
If you are looking for a delicious side dish to go along with dinner, these oven baked fries are an easy to make delicious choice! They are packed with flavor and taste cheesy thanks to the nutritional yeast they are coated in, and they are healthier than deep fried restaurant fries but just as tasty!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees, and oil a large sheet pan.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, then sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and 2 Tbsp of the nutritional yeast over them and toss to combine until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Spread out the fries on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the rest of the nutritional yeast.
- Place in the oven and bake until browned at the edges, and a little crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Rate this Recipe
- Side Dish