Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is a holiday classic I enjoyed growing up so now as an adult, I make a veganized version! The original one used a can of cream of mushroom soup and green beans, but for mine I make my own mushroom sauce and use frozen green beans and I think it tastes even better! Plus it is gluten and dairy free!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large ceramic pan, heat the oil, and add the onions and mushrooms. Sautee until soft and tender, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme and and cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, cashew butter, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, pepper, and in a bowl, then pour over the onions and cook until heated.
- Add the beans, and stir to combine. Pour into a 2 quart oven proof baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crispy organic onions over the top of the beans, and place in the oven. Bake 15 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven, let cool 10 minutes, and serve!
Rate this Recipe
- Side Dish