Vegan Hummingbird Muffins
These vegan hummingbird muffins are the perfect sweet treat to make on a Saturday morning! They have sweet banana and pineapple plus crunchy pecans, and they happen to be gluten free and vegan but you would never guess by tasting them!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and position rack in center of oven. Line 18 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl to blend well.
3. Whisk bananas, oil, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract together in small bowl to blend well, then whisk into the flour mixture until well blended.
4. Whisk in the cider vinegar until bubbles form. Mix in the pineapple and pecans.
5.Transfer batter to prepared tins and bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes on a rack before enjoying.
Rate this Recipe