Vegan Lemon Pancakes
Pancakes are the perfect weekend morning treat! These lemon pancakes are really easy to make, and they contain no animal products, but you would never know by tasting them. They are made with whole wheat flour, so a bit healthier than traditional pancakes, and they are so good topped off with fresh berries and coconut whipped cream!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract, and oil until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick (or oiled) griddle over medium heat, once it is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto it for each pancake.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side or until bubbles start to form on top, then flip over and cook another 2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes, and serve!
Rate this Recipe