Vegan Mini Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes
Just because you don’t eat eggs or dairy or are vegan does not mean you can not enjoy delicious cheesecake! These chocolate cherry cheesecakes taste just as delicious as regular cheesecake, only they contain no refined sugar or flour, and no animal products. So you can feel good about enjoying them! Although they have a few ingredients, they are fairly simple to make! Now is the perfect time to make them too, since cherries are at their best this time of the year!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- To make the crust, stir together all ingredients in a bowl, and then press into the bottoms of 8 silicone muffin tins (to make removing them easier), and set them on a tray. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the cherry puree, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour half the filling over the crust in the tins, then drop the cherry puree (by the 1/8 tsp) over the filling to create dots, then swirl them with a toothpick. Pour the remaining filling over that, and repeat. You might have extra cherry puree, so save it for garnishing.
- Place cheesecakes in the freezer to firm up for 1-2 hours or until firm (depending on how warm the filling was). Once they have firmed up, un-mold them and place them on a tray to serve, garnishing with the extra cherry puree.
- Store any leftover cheesecakes in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Rate this Recipe