Vegan Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
This pumpkin cheesecake is a nice alternative to pie for Thanksgiving and it is great for making ahead of time! Not only that, it is gluten free, and vegan since it is made with coconut milk instead of dairy. Also, it is free of refined sugar! This cake tastes just as rich and delicious as traditional cheesecake, but is much better for you!
Amy currently works in our deli contributing to the variety of healthful foods we offer. She graduated with a degree in studio art from Bethel University in 2007, but in her senior year of college, found that her passion was with the art of food. She later used her photography and culinary skills to create a vegan dessert and food blog, Fragrant Vanilla Cake. She is also a cookbook author, of the books Just Vegan Cakes, Fragrant Vanilla Cake: Sweet and Savory and Rawlicious Desserts. She specializes in raw, vegan and vegetarian recipes. Local,fresh and organic food has always been her focus in whatever she creates.
- Oil a 6 inch spring form pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until crumbs and starting to hold together (if they are not holding together when squeezed, add a few tsp filtered water and blend). Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove about 3 Tbsp of the filling and set aside, then pour the rest of the filling over the crust.
- To make the topping, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, then pour over the filling in the pan. Drop the remaining filling you set aside over the top of the cake by the tsp randomly but spaced out.
- Swirl with a knife a few times to marble the cake.
- Place cheesecake in the freezer until it is set for about 4 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator if you are not in a hurry).
- Remove from the freezer, un-mold sprinkle the top with toasted pumpkin seeds and enjoy! Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator.
If you would like a larger 9 inch cheesecake, just double the whole recipe and use a 9 inch spring form pan.
Rate this Recipe